Yesterday, I went through and flagged twenty or so comments that I deemed "obsolete"; all of these comments were essentially of the form "Please edit this" / "edited thanks". For example:
- Is it possible to combine all five chakra elements? and the following comment
- How involved was Akira Toriyama in the production of Dragon Ball GT?
- What is the mon in Jin's kimono? and the following three comments
- How do the Homunculi differ between the FMA manga and anime? and the following comment
- What happens to Princess Tsubasa after she is cloned? and the following comment
- What are Madara Uchiha's weaknesses? and the following two comments
- When does one become a Super Saiyan? and the following comment
- What's the significance of revealing a character's blood type? and the following comment
- Can Naruto or Sasuke be promoted directly from Genin to Hokage? and the following comment
- Does Kanon enjoy figure skating?
- Which anime is this woobie taken from?
All of these flags were declined. If these comments do not constitute "obsolete" comments, what do?
As far as I know, this type of comment thread ("pls edit" / "done") is basically exactly what "obsolete" flags exist for. The help center page on flagging says more or less the same thing (emphasis added):
obsolete — a comment that is no longer relevant because it has been addressed by an edit to the post, clarified by additional comments, or contains no context because it references deleted content