There are some meta questions we should answer regarding these. Last year, we more-or-less decided on these in chat, but it's really more appropriate to hold the discussion on meta. Here are some examples:
- Do we want community ads? (Probably, but keep in mind that unlike a year ago, we aren't exactly having a hard time bringing in traffic now so we may not need them.)
- Which sites should we post community ads on? Which ads should we use on each of these sites?
- How many different ads should we have? (Last year we had several, but having too many may come off negatively)
- Are the existing ones from 2013 sufficient, or do we need to design new ones?
Feel free to post as an answer your ideas to any of the above questions or any suggested ads (new or recycled). The main goal of this meta post is to coordinate our promotional efforts via community ads in the network.
Here are the specifications for the ads (taken verbatim from the above post):
How does it work?
The answers you post to this question must conform to the following rules, or they will be ignored.
All answers should be in the exact form of:
[![Tagline to show on mouseover]] : http://image-url : http://clickthrough-url
Please do not add anything else to the body of the post. If you want to discuss something, do it in the comments.
The question must always be tagged with the magic community-ads tag. In addition to enabling the functionality of the advertisements, this tag also pre-fills the answer form with the above required form.
- The image that you create must be 220 x 250 pixels
- Must be hosted through our standard image uploader (imgur)
- Must be GIF or PNG
- No animated GIFs
- Absolute limit on file size of 150 KB