Just now, there was an ID request question that already had 1 close vote. It appeared with a red dot notification under First Posts, but there was no red dot next to Close votes. This isn't the first time this has happened; I will sometimes be looking at a post that has at least one close vote but the review queue won't say that there is anything under Close Votes. It's not consistent, though--the Close Votes review queue often has a red dot notification, so I know it's not just a universal bug. Is this supposed to happen? Does anyone know why it happens?
Based on my experience, there are 2 of the possibilities:
- The close vote is recent, and the system (the queue) hasn't picked it up. Review queues are not real-time, and some queues can take more than 10 minutes to pick up the post.
- The post has been edited, and it's kicked out from the queue.
For this particular case, the timeline explains it all:
- Posted at 16:32
- Close vote initiated by Turamarth sometime between 16:32-16:38
- Entered "First Posts" queue at 16:35 and reviewed by kuwaly at 16:39
- Accumulated 3 more close votes from outside of the queue sometime between 16:39-22:35
- Entered "Close Votes" queue at 16:50 and closed by Logan M at 22:35