Since May 2016, data about when Community bumps a question to the front page has been available in the Data Explorer. This gives us a way to automatically identify questions that get kicked to the front page frequently. Specifically, this query captures a notion of questions that get bumped often. I feel these posts deserve our attention if for no other reason than that it gets boring seeing them on the front page every month. (For reference, here are the criteria for determining which posts get bumped. Since our site is small, and we have considerably fewer than 30 * 24 = 720 bumpable questions, every bumpable question gets bumped every month.)
Here are the posts from the query that have 5 recorded bumps (i.e. monthly since May):
- Song played at the end of episode 20 of Parasyte
- How do the visions happen when Itami hits his head on EP.1?
- Who is Mir's Mind Guardian?
- What does Headphone Actor represent or mean?
- In the end of the last episode of RahXephon, does everyone retain their old memories?
- What happened to Retsu's doll at the clothing shop?
- Ending of Bloody Monday season 3
- Why didn't Masashi Miyamoto take Taira's chip after cutting his fingers?
For each of these posts, we should consider the following approaches to get the post off the list of bumpable questions:
- Is the question off-topic? If so, we should close it.
- Is the question bad? If so, we should downvote it.
- Are the existing answers to the question good? If so, we should upvote them.
- Are the existing answers to the question unsalvageably bad? If so, we should downvote them, and flag them as low-quality and/or vote to delete them.
- Are the existing answers to the question acceptable, but not good? If so, we should write a better answer, or bounty the question to encourage somebody to write a better answer.
For example, on the Parasyte question (which is the only one of these that I know enough about), I investigated a little bit and found that the existing answer was correct - so I upvoted it. Now, this question won't get bumped anymore!
I encourage you all to do the same.