In the first brainstorming session, we've discussed the status of "list" questions on Anime and Manga.
What are list questions?
Any question which asks for a list of items as the answer. Some examples:
- What Bankais exist within Soul Society?
The status of such questions was controversial, we aimed to officially define the position of such questions.
We've come to the following conclusions:
A list question will generally be allowed, if it qualifies all 4 criteria below:
- It is specific and to the point. Don't ask about list of abstract concepts or anime series featuring some theme.
- The list items can be determined objectively. Don't ask about a list of our favorite things, or things we think are "good".
- The list is reasonably scoped. If you can imagine an entire wiki-page listing your answer, the question is not reasonably scoped.
- The list isn't prone to rapid change. If the list is hard to maintain, it won't be, thus losing its usefulness.
The fourth is a bit tricky. If the list proves to be useful enough to be maintained, a list changing rapidly can be fine. It's tricky and will be defined better once we have more users.