The name of this site is Anime and Manga Stack Exchange, so questions about anime and manga are fine. But there are also all these things that are sort of connected to anime and manga in some way, and they're usually considered part of the anime fandom. Which of these things can I ask questions about on this site?
If there is a topic related to anime and manga that you don't see on this list, and you'd like to ask a question about it, you can make a meta post or go to chat and find out if the community would be open to taking your question. You can also browse the list of all Stack Exchange sites to find out if there's a site that might be a better fit for your question.
- Arqade. As an example, you can ask the question "Why did Shirou say that people die when they are killed?" on Anime and Manga; however, the question "Which choices do I make to unlock the True ending of Unlimited Blade Works?" is off-topic here, but on-topic at Arqade.
- Lucky Star Moe Drill, and any other game based on an anime or manga series. As with visual novels, only plot-based questions are allowed.
- Vocaloid, .hack, and Love Live: they began as cross-media projects, but always had close ties to anime and the anime fandom, and usually ended up with one or more anime or manga adaptations. However, technical questions on the Vocaloid software or gameplay questions on the .hack games would not be allowed; only "plot" questions about the characters and story are allowed. Mascot franchises like Digi Carat and Super Sonico can also be included in this category.
- Science Fiction & Fantasy, where there is a much larger interest in these shows. Including these shows in our site has historically been controversial.
- conventions tag.
- merchandise tag. Note that questions asking for product reviews or shopping lists are off-topic.
Memes and other Internet culture memeInternet culture which is not directly about anime is considered off-topic, even if it uses a picture or character from an anime. E.g. What does "I used to be an engineer" mean? was closed as off-topic since the joke has nothing to do with anime.
Resources resourcesThis includes questions about where to find certain series for sale, where to find series translated into a certain language, and apps, websites, or books with certain features.
Japanese Language and Culture in Anime culture japanese-languageGeneral language and culture questions are off-topic. General language questions are on-topic at Japanese Language Stack Exchange. General culture questions are currently off-topic everywhere on the SE network. There is also a History Stack Exchange where you can ask general questions about Japanese history.
- this answer for a list of acceptable questions in this area.