Following what was discussed in this and this Meta posts, I think the tag sprawl needs to be contained. Much like we should not have separate tags for the Naruto and the Naruto Shippuuden series, there are some tags on the main site that perhaps should be dealt with:
- There are dragonball-z and dragonball-gt tags, but amazingly enough there is no dragonball tag (but it will most likely appear)
- There is a ghost-in-the-shell tag, but there is also a ghost-in-the-shell-sac
- There is a rurouni-kenshin tag, and a ruroni-kenshin tag
- There is a cardcaptors and a cardcaptor-sakura tag
- Naruto Shippuuden, is 'contained' in naruto
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, is 'contained' in fullmetal-alchemist
- The Rebuild Series of Evangelion, The Death & Rebirth of Evangelion, are/will be 'contained' in neon-genesis-evangelion
The ones stated in the first list have specific tags for each specific series/movie or have different spellings. What should be the site's position in this matter?
There is also this debate, but I do not think it is exactly the same thing. Plus, this one concerning Dragonball. I think these discussions should be condensed into this one. However, if you think this is a redundant post close it!